When is a second opinion helpful? · When deciding about a costly or risky test or treatment, · When deciding on surgery · when not clear if the proposed test or treatment will be effective
When is a second opinion helpful?
· When deciding about a costly or risky test or treatment,
· When deciding on surgery
· when not clear if the proposed test or treatment will be effective
· when you need more information about your options.
· When you are unsure about a diagnosis.
How do you get a second opinion?
1. Find a doctor online or offline who is not connected to current hospital and treating doctor.
2. Find a doctor who is an expert in the area you need help.
3. Explain the treating doctor that this is how you like to make medical decisions.
4. Ask your health insurance company if it covers a second opinion. For some surgeries, it’s required.
5. Make sure you have all the reports necessary to be shared to get second opinion
6. Give yourself enough time to arrange for your medical records to get there before your appointment.
7. Make sure you list your questions before hand
How do you use a second opinion?
· Post getting the medical second opinion schedule appointment with the treating doctor.
· If your doctors agree, your decision should be clearer. But sometimes doctors disagree.
· Even when doctors follow the same guidelines, there may be more than one treatment choice. Two doctors may have good, yet different, opinions about how to treat you.
· If the doctors don’t agree, talk to your primary care doctor again. Can he or she help you with your decision? If not, and if you still wonder about other options, talk to a different kind of provider.
· Remember, the final choice is yours.
Second Medic is the only company in medical second opinion space who have developed unique collaborative methodology whereby we hold your hands in the treatment journey instead of dumping Medical Second Opinion and letting you figure out the next steps. We work with our customers end to end like a family member.
What is a complete haemogram?
What is the lipid profile test used for?