PIOGLIT-MF 15MG 10TAB
- Brand: Wellness Forever
- 14 Reviews
Status : In Stock
Prescription required on this product.
Call us anytime
Only secure payments
Discounts up to 80%
Pioglitazone (15mg) + Metformin (500mg)
Storage- Keep it in cool and dry place below 30°C
Consume Type- Oral
Pioglit MF 15 Tablet ER is a combination medicine that helps control blood sugar levels. This medicine is used together with diet and exercise to improve blood sugar control in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus. It helps in proper utilisation of insulin, thereby lowering the blood sugar level.
- Treatment of Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Directions for use
- It should be taken as directed by your doctor and in the prescribed quantity.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water with food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Keep it away from the reach of children
- Do not use expired medicine.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- If you have missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosingschedule.
- Monitor your blood sugar level regularly while you are taking this medicine.
- Always carry some sugary food or fruit juice with you in case you experience hypoglycemic symptoms such as cold sweats, cool pale skin, tremor, and anxiety.
- Your doctor may check your liver function regularly. Inform your doctor if you develop symptoms such as abdominal pain, loss of appetite, or yellowing of the eyes or skin (jaundice).
- Inform your doctor if you notice weight gain, shortness of breath, irregularheartbeat, or any abnormal swelling.
- As a precautionary measure, do not consume alcohol and quit smoking
- Eat healthy food and do regular exercises.
It is not necessary for everyone to experience the side effects. In caseof any discomfort, consult your doctor.
- Hypoglycemia (low blood glucose level)
- Urinary tract infection
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Edema (swelling)
1. Is Pioglit MF 15 Tablet 10's also prescribed for the treatment of type 1 diabetes?
Answer :- No. Pioglit MF 15 Tablet 10 is only prescribed for the treatment of type 2
diabetes also called as non-insulin-dependent diabetes'.
2. How will I know that I am suffering from diabetes?
Answer :- If you have symptoms like increased hunger, increased thirst, frequent
urination (usually at night), unexplained weight loss, fatigue, blurred vision, slow
wound/sores healing, and frequent infections, contact doctor as it can be a condition
of type 2 diabetes.
3. Can I take alcohol with Pioglit MF 15 Tablet 10?
Answer :- Do not take excessive alcohol while taking Pioglit MF 15 Tablet 10 as
this may increase the risk of a life-threatening condition called as lactic acidosis.
4. If my blood sugar level suddenly goes down, then what should I do?
Answer :- In case you feel that your blood sugar level is going down and you are
feeling weak, immediately eat sugar candies or drink sugary beverages. It will help to
balance the blood sugar level in your body. So, it is advisable to keep sugar candies
4. What is type 2 diabetes and what are its symptoms and complications?
Answer :- Type 2 diabetes is a common form of diabetes in which the blood sugar-
lowering hormone called insulin produced by the body does not function properly.
Due to this, the blood glucose level increases, and symptoms such as frequent
urination, increased thirst, and increased hunger start. Diabetes, if left untreated or
not treated properly, can cause long-term complications such as nerve damage,
kidney damage, eye damage, foot problems, and also poses a high risk of
developing heart diseases.