PRIMODIL 2.5MG 10TAB
- Brand: Wellness Forever
- 14 Reviews
Status : In Stock
Prescription required on this product.
Call us anytime
Only secure payments
Discounts up to 80%
Storage- Keep it in cool and dry place below 30°C
Consume Type- Oral
Primodil Tablet is a blood pressure-lowering medicine used for the treatment of high blood pressure. It contains amlodipine, an antihypertensive. It is also used for the treatment of angina pectoris (chest pain due to reduced blood flow to the heart). It works by relaxing the blood vessels and improving the blood flow.
PRIMODIL 2.5 mg contains Amlodipine, a calcium channel blocker that acts by relaxing the blood vessels. This reduces the workload on the heart and makes the heart more efficient at pumping blood throughout the body. Thus, it helps to lower high blood pressure, reducing the chances of heart attack or stroke.
- High blood pressure (hypertension),
- Heart related chest pain (angina),
- Prevention of heart attack.
Directions for use
- It should be taken as directed by your doctor and in the prescribed quantity.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water with or without food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Keep it away from the reach of children
- Do not use expired medicine.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- If you have missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule.
- Limit intake of sodium chloride (table salt) in your daily diet
- A sudden drop in your blood pressure may occur, especially when you first start taking Primodil. To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- It can cause ankle or foot swelling. To reduce the swelling, raise your legs while you are sitting down. Talk to your doctor if it does not go away.
- It may cause dizziness. Do not drive or perform any activity that requires mental focus until you know how the medicine affects you.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Avoid alcohol and try to quit smoking
- Do regular physical activity and control your weight.
It is not necessary for everyone to experience the side effects. In case of any discomfort, consult your doctor.
- Sleepiness especially at beginning of treatment
- Ankle swelling
- An upset stomach
- Muscle cramps
1. Can I stop taking Primodil Tablet if I start feeling better and my symptoms are gone?
Answer- No, do not stop taking this medicine suddenly. Instead, you should consult your
doctor and he/she may adjust your dose as per your needs. Follow up with your doctor
2. What lifestyle modifications I should make to control my blood pressure?
Answer- You should take your medicine regularly at the same time. These changes
include eating a healthy diet, low in fat and salt, maintaining a healthy weight, exercising
at least 30 minutes every day and reducing alcohol consumption and taking a pause on
smoking habits. White salt should be replaced with Himalayan or rock salt.
3. Are there any specific contraindications associated with PRIMODIL 2.5 mg Tablet?
Answer-Yes, PRIMODIL 2.5 mg is contraindicated in people with known allergy to any
of the components of this medicine. It should be used with caution in people with liver
impairment. It should also be avoided in women who are in the second and third
trimesters of their pregnancy.
4. Can PRIMODIL 2.5 mg Tablet cause ankle swelling?
Answer-Yes, PRIMODIL 2.5 mg Tablet is known to cause ankle swelling upon long term
use. Please try to keep your feet up when sitting for long hours. If the problem persists
still, consult your doctor and do as advised.