OLIMELT 20MG 10TAB
- Brand: Wellness Forever
- 14 Reviews
Status : In Stock
Prescription required on this product.
Call us anytime
Only secure payments
Discounts up to 80%
Storage- Keep it in cool and dry place below 30°C
Consume Type- Oral
Olimelt 20 mg Tablet belongs to a group of medicines called 'atypical antipsychotics,' primarily used to treat schizophrenia and manic depression (bipolar disorder).
Schizophrenia is a mental condition in which the person may feel, hear or see things that are not there (hallucinations), believe things that are not true, and feel unusually suspicious or confused. Manic depression or bipolar disorder is a serious brain disorder in which a person experiences extreme mood swings (variance in thinking) and frequent mood and behavioral changes. It contains 'Olanzapine' that works by restoring the balance of chemical messengers (dopamine and serotonin) in the brain and improves thinking mood, and behavior. Olanzapine is sometimes used together with other antipsychotic medications or antidepressants.
- Treatment of Schizophrenia
- Treatment of Manic depression
Directions for use-
- It should be taken as directed by your doctor and in the prescribed quantity.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water with or without food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Keep it away from the reach of children
- Do not use expired medicine.
- If allergic to this medicine inform the physician immediately.
- Consult with the physician during pregnancy & lactation.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Olimelt 20mg Tablet can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- Do not self-medicate, take it in the dose and duration as advised by your physician. Inform the doctor if you are taking any other medications.
- It may increase your weight, blood sugar and cholesterol. Eat healthy, exercise regularly and monitor your blood levels regularly.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Try to avoid stress by practicing meditation or yoga.
- Eat nutritious food as it helps in cognitive stimulation.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Stomach upset
- Dry mouth
- Increased appetite
- Decreased libido
- Swelling of the hands or feet
- Weight gain
1. Olimelt 20 mg Tablet a sleeping pill?
Answer- No Olimelt 20 Tablet is not a sleeping pill. It belongs to the atypical
antipsychotic class of medicines. It is used to treat schizophrenia. Schizophrenia is a
mental illness that causes disturbed or unusual thinking, loss of interest in life, and
strong or inappropriate emotions. Olimelt 20mg Tablet also helps with bipolar disorder
(manic depressive disorder). It is a disease that causes episodes of depression, mania,
and other abnormal moods.
2. What is the most important information that I should know about Olimelt 20 Tablet?
Answer- It is important to know that it may increase blood sugar levels in diabetics
and also in patients who never had diabetes. Furthermore, it may cause weight
gain and high fat levels in the blood which is more common in teenagers. To lower
the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or
3. Does Olimelt 20mg make you sleepy?
Answer- Olanzapine can cause you to be tired and have some shakiness when moving,
which could lead to a fall. It makes you feel sleepy.
4. What happens if you stop taking olanzapine suddenly?
Answer- Do not stop using olanzapine suddenly, even if you feel fine. Stopping
suddenly may cause serious side effects.
5. In which conditions should I be careful about taking Olimelt 20 mg?
Answer- Olimelt 20mg Tablet should be used with caution in the medical history of
allergic reactions, liver or kidney diseases, heart problems, breathing problems,
Alzheimer disease, high cholesterol, glaucoma, diabetes, stomach/intestinal problems,
breathing problem during sleep (sleep apnea), low white blood cell count, breast cancer,
enlarged prostate, and fits. Please let your doctor know if you have any other medical
problems before starting Olimelt 20mg Tablet.