NITROFIX-SR 60MG 10TAB
- Brand: Wellness Forever
- 14 Reviews
Status : In Stock
Prescription required on this product.
Call us anytime
Only secure payments
Discounts up to 80%
Isosorbide Mononitrate (60mg)
Storage- Keep it in cool and dry place below 60°C
Consume Type- Oral
Nitrofix SR 60 mg 10Tab is an effective medicine to prevent and treat the chest pain (angina) caused due to narrowing of blood vessels that carries blood to the heart. It also decreases the load on the heart ensuring effective pumping of blood. Nitrofix SR 60 Tablet 10 belong to a class of medicines called nitrate vasodilators. These operate by relaxing the blood vessels of the heart, reducing the stress on the heart making it easier to pump blood. It is used to prevent attacks of angina pectoris. Angina usually feels like a tight chest pain, neck or arm area. The pain originates from the heart muscle and is a sign that part of it is not getting enough oxygen for the amount of work it is doing.
- Prevention of Angina Pectoris- chest pain
Direction for use
- It should be taken as directed by your doctor and in the prescribed quantity.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water on empty stomach. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Keep it away from the reach of children
- Do not use expired medicine.
- Eat healthy (low-fat, high-fiber, low-sodium diet), quit smoking, increase your physical activity, watch your weight and reduce stress.
- Nitrofix 60 SR Tablet may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking the medicine as it may cause increased dizziness.
- It may cause headaches.
- You may develop tolerance to it with time, meaning that the same dose may be less effective next time. Follow the prescribed dosing schedule to avoid this.
- Stop taking medications (prescribed for erectile dysfunction) like sildenafil or tadalafil while on treatment with this medicine as it may cause low blood pressure.
- If you miss a dose of the Tablet, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
- Avoid vigorous physical activity that may aggravate anginal attack.
- A patient should avoid places where airflow is restricted.
- Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk)
- Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing)
1. Does Nitrofix SR 60 Tablet affect heart rate?
Answer- Yes, Nitrofix SR 60 Tablet may affect the heart rate. It causes a decrease in
blood pressure. This decrease in blood pressure further causes a decrease in the heart
rate (bradycardia). In some cases, it may also cause an increase in the heart rate
(tachycardia). Consult your doctor in case you do not feel well after taking this medicine
or if you notice a change in your heart rate.
2. Can I stop taking Nitrofix SR 60 Tablet after sometime?
Answer- No, do not stop taking this medicine without talking to your doctor. Stopping it
suddenly may increase your chances of having an anginal attack.
3. What are the symptoms of an overdose of Nitrofix SR 60 Tablet?
Answer- Taking more than the recommended dose of Nitrofix SR 60 Tablet may cause
throbbing headache, reddening of the skin, chills along with sweating, nausea, vomiting,
and a fast heartbeat. Seek emergency help and consult your doctor immediately.
4. Is Nitrofix SR 60 Tablet safe with antihypertensive medicine?
Answer- Strictly no, drastic fall in blood pressure is seen & is never advised except for a
few anti hypertensive that too only under doctors consultation.
5. Can this medicine be taken during pregnancy or during breast feeding?
Answer- This medicine is not recommended for use in pregnant women or during breast
feeding unless absolutely necessary. Consult your Doctor.