MONOTRATE 20MG 10TAB
- Brand: Wellness Forever
- 14 Reviews
Status : In Stock
Prescription required on this product.
Call us anytime
Only secure payments
Discounts up to 80%
Monotrate 20 Tablet contains Isosorbide mononitrate as its active ingredient. It is nused for the prevention of chest pain or angina due to reduced blood supply to the heart, for the treatment of Coronary heart disease (a heart condition where there is reduced blood and oxygen supply to the heart). Other uses of this medicine include pulmonary hypertension (raised blood pressure in the blood vessels of the lungs) and as a follow up treatment after a heart attack. Monotrate 20 Tablet 10s belong to a class of medicines called nitrate vasodilators. These operate by relaxing the blood vessels of the heart, reducing the stress on the heart making it easier to pump blood. It is used to prevent attacks of angina pectoris. Angina usually feels like a tight chest pain, neck or arm area. The pain originates from the heart muscle and is a sign that part of it is not getting enough oxygen for the amount of work it is doing.
- Prevention of Angina Pectoris
Direction for use
- Swallow the tablet whole with a glass of water at the start of a meal or slightly before.
- Space the doses evenly during the entire course.
- Do not chew or crush it.
- If you cannot swallow the tablet as a whole, you may break the pill into half and take both halves one at a time.
- Eat healthy (low-fat, high-fiber, low-sodium diet), quit smoking, increase your physical activity, watch your weight and reduce stress.
- Monotrate 20 Tablet may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking Monotrate 20 Tablet as it may cause increased dizziness.
- It may cause headaches.
- You may develop tolerance to Monotrate 20 Tablet with time, meaning that the same dose may be less effective next time. Follow the prescribed dosing schedule to avoid this.
- Stop taking medications (prescribed for erectile dysfunction) like sildenafil or tadalafil while on treatment with Monotrate 20 Tablet as it may cause low blood pressure.
- If you miss a dose of Monotrate 20 Tablet, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
- Avoid vigorous physical activity that may aggravate anginal attack.
- A patient should avoid places where airflow is restricted.
- Before taking this tablet you should tell your doctor if you are allergic to this medicine, similar medicines or medicines containing nitroglycerin.
- Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk)
- Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing)
1. Does Monotrate 20 Tablet affect heart rate?
Answer- Yes, Monotrate 20 Tablet may affect the heart rate. Monotrate 20 Tablet causes a decrease in blood pressure. This decrease in blood pressure further causes a decrease in the heart rate (bradycardia). In some cases, it may also cause an increase in the heart rate (tachycardia). Consult your doctor in case you do not feel well after taking this medicine or if you notice a change in your heart rate.
2. Can I stop taking Monotrate 20 Tablet after sometime?
Answer- No, do not stop taking this medicine without talking to your doctor. Stopping it suddenly may increase your chances of having an anginal attack. If you have any concerns regarding Monotrate 20 Tablet consult your doctor.
3. What are the symptoms of an overdose of Monotrate 20 Tablet?
Answer- Taking more than the recommended dose of Monotrate20 Tablet may cause throbbing headache, reddening of the skin, chills along with sweating, nausea, vomiting, and a fast heartbeat. Seek emergency help and consult your doctor immediately.
4. Is Monotrate 20 Tablet safe with antihypertensive medicine?
Answer- Strictly no, drastic fall in blood pressure is seen & is never advised except for a few antihypertensives that too only under doctors consultation.
5. Can this medicine be taken during pregnancy or during breast feeding?
Answer- This medicine is not recommended for use in pregnant women or during breast feeding unless absolutely necessary. Consult your Doctor.