BETADINE SOLN 500ML
- Brand: Wellness Forever
- 14 Reviews
Status : In Stock
Prescription required on this product.
Call us anytime
Only secure payments
Discounts up to 80%
Povidone Iodine (5% w/v)
Storage- Keep it in cool and dry place below 30°C
Consume Type- Topical
Betadine 5% Solution is an antiseptic and disinfectant agent. It is used for the treatment and prevention of infections in wounds and cuts. It kills the harmful microbes and controls their growth, thereby preventing infections in the affected area. It works by slowly releasing iodine which kills or prevents the growth of infectious microorganisms.
- Treatment and prevention of Wound infection
- For external use only.
- Apply a small amount to the affected area after cleaning it properly.
- Avoid contact with eyes and nose. In case of accidental contact, rinse thoroughly with water.
- Do not use it on burnt, broken or inflamed skin. Wash your hand thoroughly before and after using it.
- Common side effects are local swelling, itchiness, redness, small blisters, and irritation at the application site.
1. Can I put Betadine 5% Solution on an open wound?
Answer- Betadine Solution can be used as an antiseptic to treat or prevent infections in
wounds such as ulcers, small burns or cuts, and other minor injuries. However, take
special care if you are applying Betadine 5% Solution on open large wounds or where
the skin is broken like burns. The reason being there may be a risk of excessive
absorption of iodine in the blood which may increase to toxic levels.
2. Will Betadine 5% Solution solution stain my skin or clothes?
Answer- Betadine Solution has a natural golden brown color which stains the area
where you have applied it. It does not however, permanently stain your skin and
fingernails. The stain can be easily removed from your clothes with soap and water.
3. Where can Betadine 5% Solution be used?
Answer- Betadine Solution is used in the treatment and prevention of infection in
wounds including cuts, small areas of burn, ulcers and minor injuries. Do not use this
medicine on deep wounds and clean surgical wounds.
4. How should Betadine Solution solution be applied to an injury?
Answer- Clean the affected area and apply a small amount of the medicine to it. You
can then cover it with a sterile bandage. You can apply this medicine 1 to 3 times daily.
However, do not use it for longer than 1 week.