SERENACE 10MG 10TAB
- Brand: Wellness Forever
- 14 Reviews
Status : In Stock
Prescription required on this product.
Call us anytime
Only secure payments
Discounts up to 80%
Serenace 10 MG Tablet is an antipsychotic that is used for the treatment of schizophrenia (a brain disorder characterized by delusions, hallucinations, reduced speaking) and other mood disorders. SERENACE 10MG TABLET contains ‘Haloperidol’, which is a typical antipsychotic drug. It works by blocking the action of dopamine, a chemical messenger in the brain that affects thoughts and mood.
Direction for use
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole.
- Do not chew, crush or break it.
- Serenace 10 Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
- Keep it in cool and dry place
- Keep it away from the reach of children
- Do not use expired medicine.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Serenace 10 Tablet may cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Inform your doctor if you experience any abnormal movements or have difficulty controlling movements.
- It may affect how your body regulates your temperature. Avoid getting dehydrated and drink plenty of fluids.
- Your doctor may check your heart function and level of electrolytes such as sodium and magnesium before you start treatment with this medicine and regularly thereafter.
- Do not stop taking Serenace 10 Tablet without talking to your doctor first as it may cause worsening of symptoms.
- Monitor your mood. Keep track of your mood regularly, including factors such as sleep, medicine, and activities that can impact your mood.
- Exercise daily. Exercise is nice a way to relieve tension.
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
- Muscle spasm
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Loss of balance
- Twisting of body parts
- Shaking of hands or feet
- Skin rash
- Fast heartbeat
- Blurred vision
- Weight gain
1. Is it safe to consume alcohol while taking this medicine?
Answer- Consumption of alcohol is not recommended during treatment with this medicine due to the increased risk of severe side effects such as dizziness, difficulty in concentration, impaired judgment, etc. It is advised that you do not perform any activities that require high mental alertness such as driving a vehicle or operating machinery.
2. Can this medicine be taken during pregnancy?
Answer- This medicine is not recommended for use in pregnant women unless absolutely necessary. All the risks and benefits should be discussed with the doctor before taking this medicine.
3. Can the medication be used for long term?
Answer- Long-term use of SERENACE 10MG TABLET may cause dyskinesia (a movement disorder) in some cases. However, your doctor prescribes this medication if the benefits outweigh the risks.
4. Is Serenace 10 mg be used in patients withdementia related psychosis?
Answer- SERENACE 10MG TABLET is not recommended in patients with dementia- related psychosis as it increases the risk of heart diseases like heart failure and infectious diseases like pneumonia. An alternate medicine should be considered based on the clinical condition.