- Brand: Wellness Forever
- 14 Reviews
Status : In Stock
Prescription required on this product.
Call us anytime
Only secure payments
Discounts up to 80%
Losartan (50mg) + Hydrochlorothiazide (12.5mg)
Storage- Keep it in cool and dry place below 30°C
Consume Type- Oral
Sarpot H tablet is anti-hypertensives taken to treat hypertension (high blood pressure) and reduce the risk of stroke in patients with high blood pressure. Sarpot H tab is a combination medication generally used when a single medicine is unable to control high blood pressure. Hypertension or high blood pressure is a life-long or chronic condition in which the force exerted against the artery wall becomes too high. It can lead to the risk of heart diseases, like heart attack and stroke. Sarpot-H Tablet contains Losartan and Hydrochlorothiazide, which lowers the blood pressure effectively. Losartan is an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB). It works by blocking the hormone angiotensin thereby relaxing blood vessels. This allows the blood to flow more smoothly and the heart to pump more efficiently. Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic that removes extra water and certain electrolytes from the body. Over time it also relaxes blood vessels and improves blood flow.
Directions for use
- It should be taken as directed by your doctor and in the prescribed quantity.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water with or without food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Keep it away from the reach of children
- Do not use expired medicine.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- If you have missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule.
- Sarpot-H Tablet may cause dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids and inform your doctor if you develop extreme thirst, very dry mouth or muscle weakness.
- It may cause dizziness. Get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- Use of Sarpot-H Tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding is unsafe.
- It may also decrease the risk of stroke and heart attacks.
- Limit consumption of Common salt in your food
- Do regular exercises and maintain body weight
- Keep regular checks of blood pressure
- Avoid alcohol and try to quit smoking
It is not necessary for everyone to experience the side effects. In case of any discomfort, consult your doctor.
- Taste change
- Upset stomach
- Decreased blood pressure
- Increased blood uric acid
- Increased blood lipid level
- Glucose intolerance
- Electrolyte imbalance
1. Can I feel dizzy after taking Sarpot-H Tablet?
Answer- Yes, the use of Sarpot-H Tablet can make you feel dizzy. This may occur when
you suddenly rise up from lying or sitting position. To lower the chance of feeling dizzy
or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
2. Can I use Sarpot-H Tablet in pregnancy?
Answer- No, Sarpot-H Tablet should be avoided in pregnancy. Its use can cause injury
and death to the baby. If you conceive while using Sarpot-H Tablet, stop using it and
contact your doctor immediately. Your doctor will recommend you other ways to lower
the blood pressure.
3. Can use of Sarpot H cause ankle swelling?
Answer- Yes, Sarpot H can cause ankle swelling in some cases, which can be due to
edema (fluid retention). If you feel the swelling is persistent, please inform your doctor.
4. Can I stop taking Sarpot H Tab when my blood pressure is under control?
Answer- No, you are advised to inform your doctor and monitor your blood pressure for
at least two weeks before stopping the medicine. Depending upon your current blood
pressure readings, there is a possibility your doctor may lower your medicine dosage
and not recommend to discontinue it.
5. Can Sarpot H cause increased blood potassium level?
Answer- Yes, prolonged intake of the medicine can cause an increase in blood
potassium level. So, patients taking Sarpot H should avoid taking supplements and food
rich in potassium to avoid any unpleasant side-effect.