GLYCINORM-M OD 30MG 10TAB
- Brand: Wellness Forever
- 14 Reviews
Status : In Stock
Prescription required on this product.
Call us anytime
Only secure payments
Discounts up to 80%
Gliclazide (30mg) + Metformin (500mg)
Storage- Keep it in cool and dry place below 30°C
Consume Type- Oral
Glycinorm M OD 30mg Tablet belongs to a class of medicine known as an antidiabetic. It is a combination of two anti-diabetic drugs Gliclazide and Metformin. Gliclazide is a sulfonylurea, acts by increasing the amount of insulin released by the pancreas. On the other hand, Metformin, which is a biguanide acts by lowering the glucose production in the liver, delaying glucose absorption from intestines and by increasing the body response to insulin. Together they prevent the blood sugar levelsfrom rising. Type 2 diabetes is a chronic or lifelong condition. People with type 2 diabetes either do not produce enough insulin or if at all the insulin is produced, it is unable to perform its function in the body (insulin resistance). It can lead to serious complications like skininfection, eye problems (retinopathy), nerve damage (neuropathy), diabetic foot (foot ulcer), kidney disease (nephropathy), high blood pressure, and even stroke.
- Antidiabetic- Type 2 diabetes
Directions for use
- It should be taken as directed by your doctor and in the prescribed quantity.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water with food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Keep it away from the reach of children
- Do not use expired medicine.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currentlytaking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- If you have missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule.
- It can cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) when used with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or if you delay or miss a meal.
- Inform your doctor about your diabetes treatment if you are due to have surgery under a general anesthetic.
- Tell your doctor immediately if you experience any deep or rapid breathing or if you have persistent nausea, vomiting, and stomach pain as Glycinorm M OD 30mg Tablet may cause a rare but serious condition called lactic acidosis, which is an excess of lactic acid in the blood.
- Your doctor may check your liver function regularly. Inform your doctor if you develop symptoms such as abdominal pain, loss of appetite, or yellowing of the eyes or skin (jaundice).
- Keep taking the drug even if you think your blood sugar levels are under control.
- Keep your blood pressure as normal (120/80) as possible.
- Do regular exercises and keep body weight in control
- Avoid alcohol and try to quit smoking
It is not necessary for everyone to experience the side effects. In case of any discomfort, consult your doctor.
- Hypoglycemia (low blood glucose level)
1. Can the use of Glycinorm M OD 30mg Tablet cause hypoglycemia?
Answer- Yes, the use of Glycinorm M OD 30 Tablet can cause hypoglycemia (low blood
sugar level). Symptoms of hypoglycemia include nausea, headache, irritability, hunger,
sweating, dizziness, fast heart rate and feeling anxious or shaky. It happens more often
if you miss or delay your food, drink alcohol, over-exercise or take other anti diabetic
medicine along with it. So, regular monitoring of blood sugar level is important. Always
keep glucose tablets, honey or fruit juice with you.
2. Can the use of Glycinorm M OD 30mg Tablet cause lactic acidosis?
Answer- Yes, the use of the medicine can lead to lactic acidosis. It is a medical
emergency which is caused by increased levels of lactic acid in the blood. Symptoms of
lactic acidosis may include muscle pain or weakness, dizziness, tiredness, feeling of
cold in arms and legs, difficulty in breathing, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain or slow
heart rate. If you have these symptoms, stop taking Glycinorm M OD 30mg Tablet and
immediately consult your doctor.
3. Does Type-2 Diabetes occur in children?
Answer- Type-2 diabetes generally does not affect healthy children and teens but it may
affect children who are obese which is also known as Childhood Obesity.
4. Can Glycinorm M OD 30mg tablet be taken with other anti-diabetic medications?
Answer- Glycinorm M OD 30mg tablet should not be used with other anti-diabetic
medications as it may cause hypoglycemia (lowering of blood sugar level).
5. Can the use of Glycinorm M OD 30 mg Tablet lead to Vitamin B12 deficiency?
Answer- Yes, long-term usage of the tablet can cause vitamin B12 deficiency as it
interferes with the absorption of vitamin B12 in the stomach. The symptoms of vitamin
B12 deficiency include fatigue, nerve problems, tingling sensation and numbness in
hands and feet, weakness, urinary problems, affect mental status, and difficulty in