- Brand: Wellness Forever
- 14 Reviews
Status : In Stock
Prescription required on this product.
Call us anytime
Only secure payments
Discounts up to 80%
Amlodipine (5mg) + Atenolol (50mg)
Storage- Keep it in cool and dry place below 30°C
Consume Type- Oral
Amodep AT Tablet is used to treat hypertension (high blood pressure). This is a combination of two medicines that controls blood pressure when a single medication is
not effective. It helps to lower high blood pressure and thus reduces the chances o future heart attack and stroke. Amodep AT works by the combined action of Atenolol & Amlodipine. Atenolol works by
blocking the certain natural chemicals in your body, like epinephrine, to the heart and blood vessels which ultimately helps in lowering heart rate, blood pressure and strain on the heart. Amlodipine works by relaxing and widening the blood vessels, thereby facilitating blood circulation and lowering blood pressure.
- To treat high blood pressure and
- Heart-related disorders such as chest pain (Angina pectoris).
Directions for use
- It should be taken as directed by your doctor and in the prescribed quantity.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water with or without food. Do not cut, breakor chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Keep it away from the reach of children
- Do not use expired medicine.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- If you have missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule.
- It may cause dizziness. Get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as it= can cause sudden increase in your blood pressure.
- Let your doctor know if you are pregnant or planning for pregnancy.
- Limit the intake of dietary sodium Chloride in the form of common salt
- Do exercise and have healthy food
- Avoid alcohol and try to quit smoking
It is not necessary for everyone to experience the side effects. In case of any discomfort, consult your doctor.
- Ankle swelling
- Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk)
- Slow heart rate
- Edema (swelling)
- Cold extremities
1. What are the contraindications associated with the use of Amodep AT Tablet?
Answer- Amodep AT Tablet is considered to be harmful for patients who are allergic to
amlodipine, atenolol or any of its ingredients. It should be avoided in patients with
history of asthma or lung disease. Also, inform your doctor about your medical history
and the medicines you might be taking.
2. For how long do I need to take Amodep AT?
Answer- Do not stop taking this medicine until and unless your doctor advises you. If
you stop taking this medicine, it can lead to a sudden increase in your blood pressure,
which can be very dangerous. The doctor will gradually decrease the dose as per the
3. Can I take Amodep At Strip Of 14 Tablets during pregnancy?
Answer- Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant or planning for a pregnancy, as it
can harm the unborn baby. If you get pregnant while taking this medicine, inform your
doctor. Your doctor will suggest a safer alternative therapy.
4. Can I drive if I have consumed Amodep AT?
Answer-You should be cautious while driving if you are taking this medicine, especially
at the beginning of treatment. You may feel dizzy and sleepy after taking this medicine.
Therefore, it is better to avoid driving.