Tests Included (3+)
- TOTAL TRIIODOTHYRONINE (T3)
- TOTAL THYROXINE (T4)
- ULTRASENSITIVE TSH
Thyroid Function TestÂ
The Thyroid Function Test (TFT) is used to determine the number of thyroid problems. The test measures the levels of different hormones, including thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH), thyroxine (T4), and triiodothyronine (T3). The thyroid includes various antibodies related to thyroid functions.
When is the Thyroid Function Test (TFT) recommended?
It is recommended:To check for any suspected thyroid disease (hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism).To monitor treatment in patients with thyroid diseases.To investigate the cause of infertility.If the patient is suffering from any symptoms like unexplained weight loss or weight gain, fatigue, weakness, and difficulty concentrating, which are common symptoms of thyroid disorders.
What does it measure?
The Thyroid Function Test (TFT) is used to measure:The TFT test measures the values of the following three hormones in the blood: TriIodothyronine (T3)-Total, Thyroxine (T4)-Total, and Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH). The thyroid gland's hormones help control a number of your body's metabolic processes, such as pulse, vital signs, blood heat, and weight.Thyroid Function Testing may be included with other tests to evaluate a patient who is having trouble with non-specific symptoms like fatigue, depression, or difficulty becoming or staying pregnant.
Thyroid Function Test FAQ
1. How long will the reports take?
Answer :- You will get the reports after 6 hours, after the collection of the blood sample.
2. How often should I get tested for the Thyroid Function Test (TFT)?
Answer :- The Thyroid Function Test (TFT) is prescribed by your doctor after a complete assessment of your symptoms and conditions
3. What are the normal ranges for a Thyroid Function Test (TFT)?
Answer :- The normal ranges are: T3: 76 - 181 ng/dL.T4: 4.5 - 12.0 mcg/dLTSH: 0.40 - 4.50 mIU/L
4. What is the type of sample required?
Answer :- We require a blood sample for this test.
5. Is fasting required for the Thyroid Function Test (TFT)?
Answer :- No, fasting is not required for this test. But it depends on the doctor.
- Fill the booking form on right side with Name, Address, Mobile no.
- Blood/Urine samples will be collected from your Home address. 10-12 hrs fasting is required.
- You need to make the payment by cash to OrangeHealth when Technician comes to pick up the samples OR Pay online after confirmation of booking.
- Reports will be couriered at your residence in 3-4 working days if hardcopy is opted. We will email the reports within 48-72 hrs on your email address mentioned while booking.
- Sample pickup at home
- Online reports within 48 hours