Tests Included (0+)
Â Electrolytes Random Urine Test
The electrolytes urine test analyzes specific chemicals called electrolytes in the urine. It most often measures the levels of chloride, potassium, or sodium. These substances are often analyzed individually for specific reasons.
When is the Electrolytes Random Urine test recommended?
It is recommended:As part of check-ups to diagnose kidney diseasesTo check the cause of symptoms like muscular weakness, irregular heartbeats, cardiac arrhythmia, etc.To help diagnose conditions related to the adrenal gland like Connâ€™s Syndrome.In the case of abnormal results in the blood electrolytes testThis will be monitored at regular intervals of the disease or condition for treatment effectiveness while undergoing treatment for hypertension, kidney diseases, and metabolic acidosis.
What does it measure?
The Electrolytes Random Urine test: Analyzes the amount of electrolytes (sodium, potassium, and chloride) in the urine. Sodium is processed in the urine because of its imbalance in conditions such as diabetes insipidus, aldosteronism, Addisonâ€™s disease, adrenal hypertension, or dehydration.Similarly, the potassium imbalance also triggers the conditions characterized by high or low potassium levels in the blood, and the chloride imbalance is indicated in cystic fibrosis and diabetic acidosis.Aldosterone acts on the nephrons in the kidneys and activates a sodium-potassium pump, which helps the body to reabsorb sodium and excrete potassium. This helps to balance the potassium concentration in the blood within its normal range.
Â Electrolytes Random Urine Test FAQ
1. How long will the reports take?
Answer :- You will get the reports within 15 hours after the collection of the blood sample.
2. How often should I get tested for the Electrolytes Random Urine Test?
Answer :- The Electrolytes Random Urine Test is prescribed by your doctor after completing the assessment of your condition.
3. What is the type of sample required?
Answer :- This test requires a urine sample.
4. Is fasting required for an Electrolytes Random Urine Test?
Answer :- Fasting is not required for this test.
- Fill the booking form on right side with Name, Address, Mobile no.
- Blood/Urine samples will be collected from your Home address. 10-12 hrs fasting is required.
- You need to make the payment by cash to OrangeHealth when Technician comes to pick up the samples OR Pay online after confirmation of booking.
- Reports will be couriered at your residence in 3-4 working days if hardcopy is opted. We will email the reports within 48-72 hrs on your email address mentioned while booking.
- Sample pickup at home
- Online reports within 48 hours