Tests Included (0+)
C-Reactive Protein (CRP) Test
C-Reactive Protein¬†test measures the levels of C-Reactive Protein¬†in the blood, which is a protein made by your liver. This test helps to identify the presence of any inflammatory disorders or infections in the body. It is released into your bloodstream in response to any inflammation. Inflammation is your body's way of protecting your tissues if you have been injured or have an infection.
When is a C-Reactive Protein¬†test recommended?
A C-Reactive Protein test is recommended if there is any inflammation caused due to infections. It helps in diagnosing any chronic inflammatory disease, such as rheumatoid arthritis or lupus. It also helps to detect any heart disease and evaluates your risk of a heart attack.
What does it measure?
The C-Reactive Protein test is used to:Determine if someone‚Äôs symptoms are related to inflammatory or non-inflammatory conditions. The result, along with other findings, can help narrow down the possible causes.The C-Reactive Protein levels can also indicate if the inflammation is acute¬†or chronic .The higher the C-Reactive Protein levels, the greater the amount of inflammation in the body. The C-Reactive Protein Test is performed with another blood test called Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate. These are both non-specific markers for inflammation but together can offer important clues as to what is going on in the body.
C-Reactive Protein (CRP) Test FAQ
1. How long will the reports take?
Answer :- The reports are available within 6 hours after blood sample collection.
2. How often should I get tested for the C-Reactive Protein Test?
Answer :- The C-Reactive Protein Test is prescribed by your doctor after completing the assessment of your condition.
3. What is the type of sample required?
Answer :- This test requires a blood sample.
4. Is fasting required for an C-Reactive Protein Test?
Answer :- Fasting is not required for this test.
- Fill the booking form on right side with Name, Address, Mobile no.
- Blood/Urine samples will be collected from your Home address. 10-12 hrs fasting is required.
- You need to make the payment by cash to OrangeHealth when Technician comes to pick up the samples OR Pay online after confirmation of booking.
- Reports will be couriered at your residence in 3-4 working days if hardcopy is opted. We will email the reports within 48-72 hrs on your email address mentioned while booking.
- Sample pickup at home
- Online reports within 48 hours