Tests Included (0+)
What is the Alcohol Screen Serum test?
Alcohol blood testing detects evidence of alcohol use. It is also called ethanol or ethyl alcohol. Alcohol is an ingredient in drinks like beer, wine, and liquor that can cause intoxication, created during the fermentation of starches, yeast, and sugars. Alcohol blood testing is the most accurate method of measuring the amount of alcohol in the body. Alcohol can also be measured in samples of a personâ€™s sweat, hair, urine, breath, and saliva.
When is the AlcoholÂ Screen Serum test recommended?
It is recommended:For symptoms such as confusion, staggering, vomiting, and unconsciousness.When alcohol blood testing may be used during an investigation or court case.Additional drug testing and testing for the presence of other or, more toxic, alcoholsÂ may also be performed if the use of other substances is suspected.Employers may test for alcohol use in new applicants, regularly during employment, or after an accident on the job. Although most private employers are not required for the testing of employees for the use of alcohol and other drugs, testing is required in certain safety and security-sensitive workplaces, like the sensitive Department of Defense and the Department of Transportation.
Alcohol Screen Serum test FAQ
1. How long will the reports take?
Answer :- You will get the reports within 3 days after the collection of the blood sample.
2. What is the cost of the Alcohol (Ethanol) Screen Serum test in Bangalore?
Answer :- The cost of the Alcohol (Ethanol) Screen Serum test in Bangalore is Rs. 680.
3. How often should I get tested for the Alcohol (Ethanol) Screen Serum test?
Answer :- The Alcohol (Ethanol) Screen Serum test is prescribed by your doctor after completing the assessment of your condition.
4. What is the type of sample required?
Answer :- This test requires a blood sample.
5. Is fasting required for an Alcohol (Ethanol) Screen Serum test?
Answer :- Fasting is not required for this test.
- Fill the booking form on right side with Name, Address, Mobile no.
- Blood/Urine samples will be collected from your Home address. 10-12 hrs fasting is required.
- You need to make the payment by cash to OrangeHealth when Technician comes to pick up the samples OR Pay online after confirmation of booking.
- Reports will be couriered at your residence in 3-4 working days if hardcopy is opted. We will email the reports within 48-72 hrs on your email address mentioned while booking.
- Sample pickup at home
- Online reports within 48 hours