Tests Included (1+)
- X-Ray Calcaneum Both AP /Lat
What is X-Ray Calcaneum Both AP /Lat
X-Ray Calcaneum Both AP /Lat :- An X-ray of the left calcanium (heel bone) would be used to examine the bone for any abnormalities or injuries. The calcanium is a large bone in the foot that helps to bear the weight of the body and allows for movement. Injuries or conditions such as fractures, heel spurs, or osteoarthritis can be diagnosed with an X-ray of the left calcanium.
Diagnostic X-ray, or radiography, is a special method for taking pictures of areas inside the body. A machine focuses a small amount of radiation on the area of the body to be examined. The X-rays pass through the body, creating an image on film or a computer display.
Why is an X-Ray Calcaneum Both AP /Lat?
Your doctor may order an X-ray to:
- examine an area where you’re experiencing pain or discomfort
- monitor the progression of a diagnosed disease, such as osteoporosis
- check how well a prescribed treatment is working
X-Ray Calcaneum Both AP /Lat Risks
X-rays are a form of ionizing radiation, which means they have enough energy to remove tightly bound electrons from atoms, leading to the formation of ions. This can damage living tissue, including cells in the body. The risk of harm from an X-ray depends on the amount of radiation a person is exposed to.
Some of the risks associated with X-rays include:
- Cancer risk: Exposure to ionizing radiation has been linked to an increased risk of cancer, especially for children and young adults.
- Pregnancy risk: X-rays should be avoided during pregnancy as they may harm the developing fetus.
- Organ damage: High doses of X-rays can cause damage to internal organs such as the lungs, liver, and heart.
It's important to note that the benefits of an X-ray often outweigh the risks, especially when the X-ray is needed to diagnose a serious condition or injury. Radiologists and technologists take steps to minimize exposure to radiation during the imaging.
It's important to inform the radiologist or technologist if you are pregnant, might be pregnant, or have any other concerns before the X-ray is done.
X-Ray Calcaneum Both AP /Lat FAQ
1. What is an X-Ray Calcaneum Both AP /Lat?
Answer :- An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation that can penetrate through solid objects, including the human body.
X-rays are used in medical imaging to create pictures of the inside of the body, which can help with the diagnosis and treatment of various conditions.
2. How does an X-Ray Calcaneum Both AP /Lat?
Answer :- X-rays work by passing through the body and being absorbed by different types of tissue at different rates. Dense tissue, such as bone, absorbs more X-rays than soft tissue, such as muscle or organs. This results in a difference in the amount of radiation that reaches a detector on the other side of the body, which is then used to create an image.
3. Is an X-Ray Calcaneum Both AP /Lat?
Answer :- X-rays are generally considered safe when used for medical purposes, as the amount of radiation exposure is typically low. However, like any medical procedure, there is a small risk of harm associated with X-rays. Pregnant women and young children may be at a higher risk, and your healthcare provider may take special precautions in these cases.
4. What are some common uses for X-Ray Calcaneum Both AP /Lat?
Answer :- X-rays are commonly used to diagnose a wide range of conditions, including broken bones, lung infections, and certain types of cancer. They can also be used to monitor the progress of certain medical treatments, such as chemotherapy.
5. Can I prepare for an X-Ray Calcaneum Both AP /Lat?
Answer :- Patients should inform the doctor of any medical conditions or medications they are taking. They may also be asked to remove clothing and jewelry in the area to be imaged.
- Fill the booking form on right side with Name, Address, Mobile no.
- Blood/Urine samples will be collected from your Home address. 10-12 hrs fasting is required.
- You need to make the payment by cash to RB Diagnostics when Technician comes to pick up the samples OR Pay online after confirmation of booking.
- Reports will be couriered at your residence in 3-4 working days if hardcopy is opted. We will email the reports within 48-72 hrs on your email address mentioned while booking.
- Sample pickup at home
- Online reports within 48 hours
Popular Products See all
At Second Medic, we offer a comprehensive range of lab tests to help diagnose and monitor a wide variety of medical conditions. Our state-of-the-art laboratories are equipped with the latest technology and staffed by highly trained professionals, ensuring that our patients receive accurate and reliable results.
We offer a wide range of lab tests, including blood tests, urine tests, and other diagnostic tests. Our lab tests are designed to provide a comprehensive view of a patient's health, allowing us to detect and monitor medical conditions early on, and make informed treatment decisions.
We understand that lab tests can be stressful, which is why we strive to make the process as easy and comfortable as possible for our patients. Our team of friendly and compassionate professionals are always available to answer any questions or concerns that our patients may have.
At Second Medic, we are committed to providing the highest quality lab tests and personalized care to our patients. We believe that every patient is unique and deserves a personalized approach to their healthcare, and we work closely with our patients to develop individualized treatment plans that meet their specific needs.
If you are in need of lab tests, we invite you to schedule an appointment at one of our convenient locations today. Our team looks forward to serving you and helping you achieve optimal health and wellness.