GIFTAN 50MG 10TAB
- Brand: Wellness Forever
- 14 Reviews
Status : In Stock
Prescription required on this product.
Call us anytime
Only secure payments
Discounts up to 80%
Storage- Keep it in cool and dry place below 30°C
Consume Type- Oral
GIFTAN 50MG contains Losartan which belongs to a group of medicines known as angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB). It is used to treat high blood pressure alone or with other blood pressure medicines. It also lowers the chance of stroke in patients with high blood pressure and a heart problem called left ventricular hypertrophy. Lowering blood pressure lowers the risk of strokes and myocardial infarction. It is indicated for the treatment of diabetic nephropathy with an elevated serum creatinine and proteinuria in patients with type 2 diabetes and a history of hypertension. GIFTAN 50MG lowers your blood pressure by relaxing and widening your blood vessels thus making it easier for your heart to pump blood around your body.
- Treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Treatment of Heart failure
Directions for use
- It should be taken as directed by your doctor and in the prescribed quantity.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Keep it away from the reach of children
- Do not use expired medicine.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- If you have missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosingschedule.
- Your doctor may get regular tests done to monitor the level of urea, creatinine, and potassium in your blood.
- Avoid taking anti-inflammatory medicines such as ibuprofen along with this medicine without consulting your doctor.
- Do not take GIFTAN 50MG Tablet if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not stop taking it suddenly without talking to your doctor.
- As a precautionary measure, do not consume alcohol and quit smoking
- Eat healthy food and do regular exercises.
It is not necessary for everyone to experience the side effects. In case of any discomfort, consult your doctor.
- Upper respiratory infection
- Stuffy nose
- Back pain
- Low blood sugar
- Chest pain
- Low blood pressure
1. Can I feel dizzy after taking GIFTAN 50MG Tablet?
Answer :- Yes, the use of GIFTAN 50MG Tablet can make you feel dizzy. This may
occur when you suddenly get up from a lying or sitting position. To lower the chance
of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
2. For how long do I need to take GIFTAN 50MG Tablet?
Answer :- You may have to take GIFTAN 50MG Tablet for a long term, even life
long. GIFTAN 50MG only controls blood pressure but does not cure it. Talk to your
doctor in case you have any concerns regarding GIFTAN 50MG, but do not stop
taking it without consulting the doctor.
3. Does GIFTAN 50MG cause weight gain?
Answer :- No, GIFTAN 50MG Tablet does not cause weight gain. However, if the medicine
starts affecting your kidney function then your body may swell due to the
accumulation of water, resulting in weight gain. Call your doctor if you experience
unexplained weight gain or swelling in your feet, ankles, or hands.
4. Is GIFTAN 50MG bad for the kidneys?
Answer :- Yes, GIFTAN 50MG Tablet may impair the kidney function of patients,
especially those who have severe heart failure, chronic kidney disease, or narrow or
blocked blood vessels that lead to the kidneys (renal artery stenosis). It may also
affect kidney function in patients who have experienced severe fluid loss or
dehydration due to vomiting, diarrhea, or excessive use of diuretics. Therefore,
GIFTAN 50MG Tablet should be used cautiously in these patients and their kidney
function should be regularly monitored.