Tests Included (1+)
- C-reactive protein (CRP)
The C-reactive protein (CRP) test measures the amount of CRP in your blood. CRP is a type of protein that is associated with inflammation in the body. CRP is measured using a small blood sample drawn from a vein in your arm.
Your doctor might order a CRP test if you have symptoms of inflammation. Doctors also use CRP levels to guide treatment of a bacterial infection or to monitor inflammatory processes that occur in some autoimmune diseases.
Purpose of the CRP test
Doctors measure CRP because it is a marker of inflammation, which is part of the body’s fight against illness or injury. Your doctor might order a CRP test to:
- Check for infection if you have symptoms of inflammation such as fever, chills, redness or flushing, nausea, vomiting, rapid breathing, and/or rapid heart rate
- Guide treatment of sepsis, a life-threatening complication where the body’s response to a bacterial infection triggers inflammation throughout the body
- Monitor flare-ups of a chronic inflammatory autoimmune disease such as lupus or rheumatoid arthritis
- Assess the treatment of a chronic inflammatory condition
What does the test measure?
A C-reactive protein test measures the amount of CRP in your blood. CRP levels can reflect the presence and severity of inflammation in your body.
CRP is a protein produced by the liver. When bacteria or other cellular invaders threaten the body, the liver releases CRP into the bloodstream to help organize the body’s defenses. This early response is called an acute phase response. It is also referred to as inflammation or an inflammatory response. The acute phase response also can occur in chronic conditions, including some autoimmune diseases.
As an early responder, CRP is technically known as a positive acute phase reactant. Its level, measured from a blood sample, gives your doctor information about the presence of inflammation and how serious it is. However, CRP levels do not tell the doctor where in your body the inflammation is located or what is causing it.
High-sensitivity CRP (hs-CRP) testing is a different form of testing that identifies very low concentrations of CRP. Although both tests measure CRP, hs-CRP is considered a separate test with distinct uses.
When should I have a C-Reactive Protein test?
CRP testing is done primarily to detect or monitor health conditions that are associated with inflammation. For example, a CRP test may be recommended if you have signs and symptoms of:
- Bacterial or viral infection
- Autoimmune disease, including rheumatoid arthritis and lupus
- Minor inflammation associated with a range of issues such as smoking, diabetes, and physical trauma
There are not strict guidelines for when CRP testing is prescribed, so it is important to consult with your health care provider to determine if a CRP test is appropriate in your situation.
- Fill the booking form on right side with Name, Address, Mobile no.
- Blood/Urine samples will be collected from your Home address. 10-12 hrs fasting is required.
- You need to make the payment by cash to Thyrocare when Technician comes to pick up the samples OR Pay online after confirmation of booking.
- Reports will be couriered at your residence in 3-4 working days if hardcopy is opted. We will email the reports within 48-72 hrs on your email address mentioned while booking.
- Sample pickup at home
- Online reports within 48 hours
Popular Products See all
At Second Medic, we offer a comprehensive range of lab tests to help diagnose and monitor a wide variety of medical conditions. Our state-of-the-art laboratories are equipped with the latest technology and staffed by highly trained professionals, ensuring that our patients receive accurate and reliable results.
We offer a wide range of lab tests, including blood tests, urine tests, and other diagnostic tests. Our lab tests are designed to provide a comprehensive view of a patient's health, allowing us to detect and monitor medical conditions early on, and make informed treatment decisions.
We understand that lab tests can be stressful, which is why we strive to make the process as easy and comfortable as possible for our patients. Our team of friendly and compassionate professionals are always available to answer any questions or concerns that our patients may have.
At Second Medic, we are committed to providing the highest quality lab tests and personalized care to our patients. We believe that every patient is unique and deserves a personalized approach to their healthcare, and we work closely with our patients to develop individualized treatment plans that meet their specific needs.
If you are in need of lab tests, we invite you to schedule an appointment at one of our convenient locations today. Our team looks forward to serving you and helping you achieve optimal health and wellness.