PERISET 8MG 10TAB
- Brand: Wellness Forever
- 14 Reviews
Status : In Stock
Prescription required on this product.
Call us anytime
Only secure payments
Discounts up to 80%
Storage- Keep it in cool and dry place below 30°C
Consume Type- Oral
Periset 8 MG Tablet is an antiemetic medicine used to treat and prevent nausea and vomiting caused by surgery, cancer medicines (chemotherapy) or radiation therapy. It works by blocking a natural substance called serotonin in the brain that causes nausea and vomiting. This medicine starts to work in 1 to 2 hours. Periset 8mg Tablet may be used alone or with other medications. It works by blocking the action of a chemical messenger (serotonin) in the brain that may cause nausea and vomiting during anti- cancer treatment (chemotherapy) or after surgery.
- Treatment of Nausea and Vomiting
Directions for use
- It should be taken as directed by your doctor and in the prescribed quantity.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water with or without food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Keep it away from the reach of children
- Do not use expired medicine.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- If you have missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule.
- It is fast-acting and starts working within 30 minutes.
- If you vomit within one hour of taking a dose, take another dose.
- Avoid heavy meals and try eating small nourishing snacks throughout the day. Also, sip water regularly to help avoid dehydration.
- Inform your doctor if you have any disease conditions like liver disease, heart failure, slow heartbeats, electrolyte imbalance, stomach or intestine blockage disorders before using this medicine.
It is not necessary for everyone to experience the side effects. In case of any discomfort, consult your doctor.
1. How quickly does Periset 8mg Tablet work?
Answer- Periset 8mg Tablet starts working within half an hour to 2 hours. It dissolves
rapidly into the bloodstream and starts showing its effect.
2. When should you take Periset 8mg Tablet?
Answer- Periset 8mg Tablet should be taken with a full glass of water, with or without
food. It should be used exactly as per the dose and duration advised by the doctor.
Usually, the first dose of Periset 8mg Tablet is taken before the start of your surgery,
chemotherapy or radiation treatment.
3. Is Periset 8mg Tablet a steroid?
Answer- No, Periset 8mg Tablet is an antiemetic and not a steroid. It is a selective 5-
HT3 receptor antagonist. It is prescribed for the prevention and treatment of nausea and
vomiting which is commonly observed after surgery or due to cancer chemotherapy.
4. How long do the effects of this medicine last?
Answer- The effect of ondansetron tablets lasts for duration of 12 to 28 hours.