- Brand: Wellness Forever
- 14 Reviews
Status : In Stock
Prescription required on this product.
Call us anytime
Only secure payments
Discounts up to 80%
Glipizide (5mg) + Metformin (500mg)
Storage- Keep it in cool and dry place below 30°C
Consume Type- Oral
Metaglez Forte Tablet 10 belongs to the class of anti-diabetic drugs. It is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic disease that causes high blood sugar levels. It occurs when the insulin is resistant in breaking the glucose to produce energy or the pancreas produces little or no insulin at all. Metaglez Forte Tablet 10 is composed of two medicines, Glipizide and Metformin. Glipizide belongs to the class of sulfonylureas. It promotes insulin secretion from the beta cells of the pancreas and reduces the glucose output from the liver. It has the fastest absorption and onset of action compared to other sulfonylureas.
- Treatment of Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Directions for use
- It should be taken as directed by your doctor and in the prescribed quantity.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water with food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Keep it away from the reach of children
- Do not use expired medicine.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- If you have missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule.
- Inform your doctor about your diabetes treatment if you are due to have surgery under a general anesthetic.
- Tell your doctor immediately if you experience any deep or rapid breathing or if you have persistent nausea, vomiting, and stomach pain as Metaglez Forte Tablet may cause a rare but serious condition called lactic acidosis, which is an excess of lactic acid in the blood.
- Your doctor may check your liver function regularly. Inform your doctor if you develop symptoms such as abdominal pain, loss of appetite, or yellowing of the eyes or skin.
- As a precautionary measure, do not consume alcohol and quit smoking
- Eat healthy food and do regular exercises.
- Monitor blood sugar levels regularly.
It is not necessary for everyone to experience the side effects. In case of any discomfort, consult your doctor.
- Low blood sugar levels
- Blurred vision
- Cold sweats
- Stomach pain
- Weight gain
- Oedema (swelling)
1. Can the use of Metaglez Forte Tablet cause hypoglycemia?
Answer :- Yes, the use of Metaglez Forte Tablet can cause hypoglycemia (low blood
sugar level). Symptoms of hypoglycemia include nausea, headache, irritability,
hunger, sweating, dizziness, fast heart rate and feeling anxious or shaky. It happens
more often if you miss or delay your food, drink alcohol, over-exercise or take other
antidiabetic medicine along with it.
2. Can the use of Metaglez Forte Tablet cause lactic acidosis?
Answer :- Yes, the use of Metaglez Forte Tablet can lead to lactic acidosis. It is a
medical emergency which is caused by increased levels of lactic acid in the blood. It
is a rare side effect associated with the use of metformin and therefore, it is avoided
in patients with underlying kidney disease, old age patients or who take large
amounts of alcohol.
3. Can the use of Metaglez Forte Tablet lead to Vitamin B12 deficiency?
Answer: - Yes, the use of Metaglez Forte Tablet can cause Vitamin B12 deficiency
on long-term use. It interferes with absorption of Vitamin B12 in the stomach. If
untreated, it may cause anemia and nerve problems and the patient can feel a
tingling sensation and numbness in the hands and feet, weakness, urinary problems,
change in mental status and difficulty in maintaining balance .
4. Is it safe to take alcohol while I am also taking Metaglez Forte Tablet?
Answer :- No, it is not safe to take Metaglez Forte Tablet along with alcohol, as it
may lower your low blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia) and can increase the chances
of lactic acidosis.
At Second Medic, we offer a wide range of high-quality pharmacy products to support our patients' health and wellbeing. Each of our pharmacy products is carefully selected to meet the diverse needs of our patients, and we are dedicated to providing personalized and compassionate care to ensure that our patients receive the right medication at the right dosage.
Our prescription medication products are available to patients who have been prescribed medication by their physician. Our experienced pharmacists work closely with our patients' physicians to ensure that they receive the right medication at the right dosage, and they are available to answer any questions or concerns that our patients may have about their medication. We also offer prescription refill reminders and prescription delivery services to make it easier for our patients to manage their medication regimen.
In addition to prescription medication, we also offer a wide range of over-the-counter medication and supplements to support our patients' overall health and wellbeing. Our pharmacy is stocked with a comprehensive selection of products to meet the diverse needs of our patients, including vitamins, pain relievers, allergy medication, and more. Our knowledgeable pharmacists are available to help our patients find the right products for their needs and to answer any questions they may have about over-the-counter medication or supplements.
At Second Medic, we understand that medical supplies can also play an important role in our patients' health and wellbeing. That's why we offer a wide range of medical supplies, including wound care products, diabetic supplies, and more. Our knowledgeable pharmacists are available to help our patients find the right medical supplies for their needs and to answer any questions they may have about their use.
We are committed to ensuring that our patients have access to the highest quality pharmacy products available. Contact us today to learn more about our comprehensive selection of pharmacy products and how we can support your ongoing medical care.