- Brand: Wellness Forever
- 14 Reviews
Status : In Stock
Prescription required on this product.
Call us anytime
Only secure payments
Discounts up to 80%
Glibenclamide (5mg) + Metformin (500mg)
Storage- Keep it in cool and dry place below 30°C
Consume Type- Oral
Glucored-Forte Tablet belongs to a category of medicines known as anti-diabetic drugs. It is a combination of two medicines used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus in adults. It helps control blood sugar levels in people with diabetes. Glucored-Forte Tablet s contains two medicines: Metformin and Glibenclamide. Metformin acts by decreasing liver glucose production and intestinal glucose uptake. Glibenclamide increases the production of insulin by acting on the pancreas. Glucored Tablet is not recommended for the treatment of type 1 diabetes.
- Antidiabetic- Type 2 diabetes
Directions for use
- It should be taken as directed by your doctor and in the prescribed quantity.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water with food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Keep it away from the reach of children
- Do not use expired medicine.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- If you have missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule.
- It can cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) when used with other anti diabetic medicines, alcohol or if you delay or miss a meal.
- Inform your doctor about your diabetes treatment if you are due to have surgery under a general anesthetic.
- Tell your doctor immediately if you experience any deep or rapid breathing or if you have persistent nausea, vomiting, and stomach pain as Glucored-Forte Tablet may cause a rare but serious condition called lactic acidosis, which is an excess of lactic acid in the blood.
- Your doctor may check your liver function regularly. Inform your doctor if you develop symptoms such as abdominal pain, loss of appetite, or yellowing of the eyes or skin (jaundice).
- Have healthy food and keep your weight in control
- Quit smoking and avoid alcohol
- Do regular exercise
- Eat at regular intervals. Do not take a long gap between a meal or snack
It is not necessary for everyone to experience the side effects. In case of any discomfort, consult your doctor.
- Lowering of blood sugar levels
- Anaemia or vitamin B12 deficiency
1. Can we use Glucored-Forte tablet in geriatrics?
Answer- This medication is generally not advisable in geriatrics due to decreased
kidney functioning; the drug can cause adverse effects in renal patients. Hence, the
doctor can adjust the dosage or use a different therapy for treating your high blood
2. How long do I have to take Glucored-Forte tablet?
Answer- The course of treatment of this medication can be lifelong, as diabetes mellitus
is a lifestyle disease it requires constant monitoring and dietary changes for a better
management. Consult your doctor about the duration and frequency of taking this
3. Does Glucored-Forte Tablet 10's treat type 1 diabetes?
Answer- Glucored-Forte Tablet is only prescribed for the treatment of type 2 diabetes
mellitus and is not recommended to treat type 1diabetes.
4. Can I stop taking Glucored-Forte Tablet 10's if my symptoms improve?
Answer- Glucored-Forte Tablet should be taken even if your blood sugar levels are in
control. Your doctor may lower the dose or ask you to stop the medication depending on
your health condition.
5. Does using Glucored-Forte Tablet 10's cause anemia and nerve problems?
Answer- Yes, long term use of metformin in Glucored-Forte Tablet may cause difficulty
in absorption or vit B12, deficiency of vit B12 may cause anemia and nerve problems.