ATENEX 50MG 14TAB
- Brand: Wellness Forever
- 14 Reviews
Status : In Stock
Prescription required on this product.
Call us anytime
Only secure payments
Discounts up to 80%
Storage- Keep it in cool and dry place below 30°C
Consume Type- Oral
Atenex 50 Tablet belongs to a group of medicines called beta-blockers. It is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension), angina (heart-related chest pain), and irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmia). It also helps to prevent future heart attacks and stroke and migraines. It may be prescribed alone or together with other medications.
ATENEX 50mg tablet contains atenolol, which primarily helps relax our blood vessels by blocking the action of certain natural substances in your body. Thus, ATENEX 50mg tablet helps lower your raised blood pressure and reduce the risk of having a stroke, a heart attack, other heart problems, or kidney problems in the future.
- Treatment of Angina (heart-related chest pain)
- Treatment of Arrhythmia
- Prevention of Heart attack
- Prevention of Migraine
Directions for use
- It should be taken as directed by your doctor and in the prescribed quantity.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water with or without food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Keep it away from the reach of children
- Do not use expired medicine.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- If you have missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule.
- It may cause dizziness. If this happens to you, get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- It can hide symptoms of low blood sugar if you are diabetic. Monitor your blood sugar levels regularly.
- Do not stop taking Atenex 50 Tablet suddenly as it can cause your blood pressure to rise suddenly, thereby increasing the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Patients with hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid), lung disease (asthma) and diabetes should consult a doctor before taking ATENEX 50mg.
- Monitor your blood pressure daily
- Limit sodium chloride (table salt) in your daily diet.
- Do regular exercise and keep body weight under control
- Quit smoking
It is not necessary for everyone to experience the side effects. In case of any discomfort, consult your doctor.
- Cold hands/feet
- Feeling sick (nausea)
- Feeling tired
- Aching and tired muscles
- Depressed mood
1. What if I take more than the prescribed dose of Atenex 50 Tablet?
Answer- If you take more than the prescribed dose, your heart rate may slow down and
you may find it difficult to breathe. It can also cause dizziness and trembling. If you
experience any of such side effects, seek immediate medical assistance. Avoid driving
yourself to avoid any mishap.
2. Can I stop taking ATENEX 50mg tablet when my blood pressure is under control or normal?
Answer- Atenex 50 mg tablet is prescribed for long term or chronic conditions. It is advised to continue your medicine even after your blood pressure is under control. Stopping the intake of Atenex 50 mg tablet can increase the chance of having a heart attack, stroke and raised blood pressure. If you have any discomfort, please consult your doctor immediately.
3. Can you eat bananas with beta blockers?
Answer- When you are taking a beta-blocker; your health care provider may
recommend that you limit your consumption of bananas and other high potassium
foods, including papaya, tomato, avocado and kale.
4. Can Atenex 50mg tablet cause dizziness?
Answer- Atenex 50mg tablet may cause dizziness if you are lying down or sitting gets
up slowly to avoid it. If you feel extremely dizzy, please consult your doctor.
5. In which conditions should I avoid taking Atenex 50mg?
Answer- Patients with hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid), lung disease (asthma) and
diabetes should consult a doctor before taking ATENEX 50. The doctor may suggest an
appropriate diagnostic test before prescribing the medicine to you.