GLYCIPHAGE-SR 500MG 10TAB
- Brand: Wellness Forever
- 14 Reviews
Status : In Stock
Prescription required on this product.
Call us anytime
Only secure payments
Discounts up to 80%
Storage- Keep it in cool and dry place below 30°C
Consume Type- Oral
Glyciphage Tablet is a medicine used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus. It helps control blood sugar levels and thus prevent serious complications of diabetes. It is also used to
treat a menstruation-related disorder known as polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) in women. Glyciphage Tablet is an anti-diabetic medication (biguanide). It works by lowering glucose production in the liver, delaying the absorption of sugar (glucose) from the intestines, and increasing the body's sensitivity to insulin.
- Anti diabetic- Type 2 diabetes
Directions for use
- It should be taken as directed by your doctor and in the prescribed quantity.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water with food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Keep it away from the reach of children
- Do not use expired medicine.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- If you have missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule.
- Chances of weight gain and low blood sugar are lesser with this medicine as compared to other diabetes medicines.
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) may occur when taken along with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or on delaying/skipping a meal. Carry a sugar source with you for immediate relief.
- Tell your doctor immediately if you experience any deep or rapid breathing, persistent nausea, vomiting, and stomach pain as Glyciphage Tablet may cause a rare but serious condition called lactic acidosis, which is an excess of lactic acid in the blood.
- Prolonged use of Glyciphage 500 Tablet may lead to vitamin B12 deficiency which may lead to anemia, causing fatigue, pale skin, shortness of breath or headache. Notify your doctor if you experience any of these as you may require supplements.
- Your doctor will monitor your blood sugar levels and kidney functions regularly while you are taking this medication Limit intake of refined sugar and have healthy food.
- Do regular exercises and quit alcohol.
It is not necessary for everyone to experience the side effects. In case of any discomfort, consult your doctor.
1. What does Glyciphage 500 Tablet do exactly?
Answer- People with type 2 diabetes are not able to make enough insulin or respond
normally to the insulin made by their bodies. Glyciphage 500 Tablet acts in ways to
reduce the increased levels of sugar in blood. The tablet decreases glucose production
from the liver and decreases absorption of glucose from the intestine after taking food.
This helps improve the uptake of glucose from the blood.
2. Can I stop Glyciphage 500 tablet if I start feeling improvement in my condition?
Answer- No, you should never stop taking the Glyciphage 500 mg tablet without
consulting your doctor. Abruptly stopping the medicine can result in a sudden rise in
blood glucose levels and cause further harm to the kidney and other organs.
3. Will the Glyciphage 500 tablet help to reduce weight?
Answer- The Glyciphage 500 tablet does not reduce weight. It neither increases nor
decreases the weight. You should continue to exercise and follow your diet while you
are on this medicine.
4. What should I do if I forget to take my normal dose?
Answer- If you forget to take Glyciphage 500 Tablet, do NOT take a double dose to
make up for your forgotten dose. Taking overdose might cause your sugar level to fall
down rapidly. Try to take the next dose at the usual time.
5. Can I take the medicine in pregnancy?
Answer- Please consult the doctor before using Glyciphage 500 tablet during pregnancy
or if you are planning a pregnancy. In pregnancy-related diabetes, insulin is preferred
over other oral blood-glucose-lowering medicines. The doctor can suggests some other