Tests Included (0+)
Magnesium is a mineral that is very vital for energy production, muscle contraction, nerve function, and the maintenance of strong bones. This comes into the body through the diet and is absorbed by the small intestine and the colon. Magnesium is preserved in the bones, cells, and tissues.
When is a Magnesium test recommended?
It is recommended:Upon the appearance of symptoms indicating Magnesium deficiency like muscular weakness, muscle twitches or cramps, irregular heartbeats or cardiac arrhythmia, seizures, etc.To monitor the treatment efficacy of Magnesium supplements at intervals.As a part of check-ups to evaluate kidney diseases, malnutrition, diarrhoea, and alcoholismIt is done as a part of regular health check-ups to measure Magnesium levels in the blood
What does it measure?
The Magnesium test is to measure:The Magnesium blood test is performed to measure Magnesium levels in the blood and to monitor the treatment efficacy of Magnesium supplements.Magnesium is a mineral that plays an essential role in metabolism, nerve functioning, and the maintenance of healthy bones.Normally, only about 1% of total body Magnesium is present in the blood, and this makes it difficult to get an accurate measurement of total Magnesium content from blood tests alone. However, this test is still very useful for evaluating a personâ€™s Magnesium status.
Magnesium Test FAQ
1. How long will the reports take?
Answer :- You will get the reports within 24 hours after the collection of the blood sample.
2. How often should I get tested for the Magnesium Test?
Answer :- The Magnesium Test is prescribed by your doctor after completing the assessment of your condition.
3. What is the type of sample required?
Answer :- This test requires a blood sample.
4. Is fasting required for an Magnesium Test?
Answer :- Fasting is not required for this test.
- Fill the booking form on right side with Name, Address, Mobile no.
- Blood/Urine samples will be collected from your Home address. 10-12 hrs fasting is required.
- You need to make the payment by cash to OrangeHealth when Technician comes to pick up the samples OR Pay online after confirmation of booking.
- Reports will be couriered at your residence in 3-4 working days if hardcopy is opted. We will email the reports within 48-72 hrs on your email address mentioned while booking.
- Sample pickup at home
- Online reports within 48 hours