Tests Included (1+)
Calcium is the mineral found in the body that is responsible for various vital functions, such as maintaining bone strength, muscles, nerve function, and blood clotting. Abnormal calcium levels can lead to several complications in the body, like kidney disease, bone disease, and multiple organ tumours.
When is the Serum Calcium test recommended?
It is recommended:Upon the appearance of the symptoms, indicating excess or shortfall of calcium.To check for diseases causing abnormalities in calcium levels in the blood, like thyroid or parathyroid disorders, heart diseases, kidney diseases, neurological diseases, pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas), and bone and tooth diseases.To check the calcium levels during and after large-volume blood transfusions.To check the progress of the condition and the efficacy of treatment after the kidney transplant, and in certain types of cancer.At regular intervals monitor the treatment efficacy of the calcium supplements or vitamin D supplements.
What does it measure?
The Serum Calcium test measures:The calcium (Ca) test checks the levels of calcium in the blood. Calcium is very essential for body processes, including cell signalling, blood clotting, contraction of muscles, and functioning of nerves.It plays a very crucial role in the formation and maintenance of healthy bones.The deficiency of calcium values in osteoporosis is a disease in which the bones lose their density and become soft and fragile, causing them to fracture very easily.
Calcium Test FAQ
1. How long will the reports take?
Answer :- You will get the reports within 24 hours after the collection of the blood sample.
2. How often should I get tested for the Calcium Test?
Answer :- The Calcium Test is prescribed by your doctor after completing the assessment of your condition.
3. What is the type of sample required?
Answer :- This test requires a blood sample.
4. Is fasting required for an Calcium Test?
Answer :- Fasting is not required for this test.
- Fill the booking form on right side with Name, Address, Mobile no.
- Blood/Urine samples will be collected from your Home address. 10-12 hrs fasting is required.
- You need to make the payment by cash to OrangeHealth when Technician comes to pick up the samples OR Pay online after confirmation of booking.
- Reports will be couriered at your residence in 3-4 working days if hardcopy is opted. We will email the reports within 48-72 hrs on your email address mentioned while booking.
- Sample pickup at home
- Online reports within 48 hours