- 14 Reviews
Status : In Stock
Prescription required on this product.
Call us anytime
Only secure payments
Discounts up to 80%
Glimepiride (1mg) + Metformin (500mg)
Storage- Keep it in cool and dry place below 10°C
Consume Type- Oral
Glimetor-1MF 10 Tab contains a combination of Glimepiride and Metformin and is an anti-diabetic medicine. This combination controls blood sugar to a greater extent than metformin or glimepiride alone. Glimepiride lowers the blood sugar level increasing release of insulin hormone from pancreas. Insulin moves sugar (glucose) from the blood into the cells. Metformin decreases the absorption in the intestine and production of sugar by the liver. Both of these components are known to increase the insulin sensitivity of the body. Healthy diet, regular exercise, and weight reduction as advised by your doctor is a must lifestyle changes in controlling diabetes along with the medicine.
- Treatment of Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Direction for use
- It should be taken as directed by your doctor and in the prescribed quantity.
- Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water preferably with food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Keep it away from the reach of children
- Do not use expired medicine.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- If you have missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule.
- Monitor your blood sugar level regularly while you are taking this medicine.
- It can cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) when used with other anti diabetic medicines, alcohol or if you delay or miss a meal.
- Inform your doctor about your diabetes treatment if you are due to have surgery under a general anesthetic.
- Tell your doctor immediately if you experience any deep or rapid breathing or if you have persistent nausea, vomiting, and stomach pain as Glimetor-1MF may cause a rare but serious condition called lactic acidosis, which is an excess of lactic acid in the blood.
- Your doctor may check your liver function regularly. Inform your doctor if you develop symptoms such as abdominal pain, loss of appetite, or yellowing of the eyes or skin (jaundice).
- Do regular exercises and eat healthy food
- Avoid alcohol and try to quit smoking
It is not necessary for everyone to experience the side effects. In case of any discomfort, consult your doctor.
- Hypoglycemia (low blood glucose level)
- Taste change
- Stomach pain
- Upper respiratory tract infection
1. Can the use of Glimetor- 1MF lead to lactic acidosis?
Answer- The use of Glimetor- 1MF can lead to lactic acidosis. It is a medical emergency
which is caused by increased levels of lactic acid in the blood. It is considered to be
harmful for patients with underlying kidney disease, old age patients or who take large
amounts of alcohol. Symptoms of lactic acidosis may include muscle pain or weakness,
dizziness, tiredness, feeling of cold in arms and legs, difficulty in breathing, nausea,
vomiting, stomach pain or slow heart rate.
2. Can I take Glimetor-1MF 10 tab during pregnancy?
Answer- It is advisable not to use this medicine during pregnancy as this medicine may
harm your unborn baby. If you have diabetes and happen to be pregnant, your doctor
may shift you from this medicine to some other medicine. Inform your doctor if you are
planning a pregnancy or are pregnant.
3. Can I drive if I have consumed Glimetor-1MF Tab?
Answer- It can cause low blood sugar levels which can lead to drowsiness,
unconsciousness or confusion. These can be dangerous while driving. Consult your
doctor whether you can drive a car if you have frequent episodes of hypoglycemia.
Keep a juice or chocolate in the car close to you while driving; in case you start feeling
any of the above symptoms of hypoglycemia, immediately have the juice or chocolate
4. What if I forget to take Glimetor-MF1 Tablet?
Answer- If you miss a dose of Glimetor-MF1, take it as soon as possible. However, if it
is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular
schedule. Do not double the dose.
5. Can the Glimetor-1MF cause stomach upset?
Answer- Yes, Glimetor-1MF can cause a minor upset of the stomach as it contains
metformin. However, do not stop taking it. Consult with your doctor in case of severe